Friday, January 6, 2012

Is there a benefit to workout when you are sick?

That's just not a title, its an actual question.  The answer: I don't know. My alarm went off at 4:15 (yes, in the morning) and I felt not so great...sinuses ached; face hurt; throat burning and raw...so I decided I wasn't going to work out. I needed to rest before work.  I laid in bed squirming to get my spot warm and said "God, if I need to be there, please-oh-please, get me there." I turned on my laptop and started reading posts from the Girlfriend Fit Club: not interested, don't care, can't do it...then I saw one from Astrid P. This chick made me feel more guilty than I already felt. She listed her weekly activities...Insanity, Belly dancing, Bowling, etc. All I said was "Thanks God...see you at the gym."

So, 36-degrees in Durham, me &my  MOTIVATION made it to the gym. We switched it up this morning; she got on the elliptical and I got on the treadmill. Yeah, that lasted all of 15-min. The treadmill told me to stick to our bargain - stay off until I can do 25-min straight. I then got on the stationary bike for a 15-min fit test. 30-min cardio - DONE!!!!

At this time, the elliptical, treadmill, bike and I had a meeting of my mind...We decided that I would start doing a 45-min cardio routine that will include 15-min on the treadmill and 30-min on either the elliptical or bike.  WE CAN DO THIS (yes, we can)!!!! To sweeten the pot, my co-worker Alo is going to start training me in boxing.  Yes, he is certified (in more ways than one) and yes, he has already said he is going to hurt me -I had to remind him that if I am hurt then I cannot work.  So within the next couple of weeks, we will start leg conditioning.

Pray for me (and for him)....

Have a great day and an inspiring weekend! Let's make it do what it do!!!!!

Peace & Blessings....

No comments:

Post a Comment