Thursday, January 5, 2012

"In A Relationship"

I was talking to a friend today about my "Journey Back To Me" and decided to change my relationship status on FB to "in a relationship".  I'm in a relationship with ME! I guess I'm just realizing this isn't about losing weight even though that's how it started. I need to get back to the ME who enjoyed her career; the ME who loved to have fun with her MOTIVATION; the ME who didn't mind working all day then hangin' out with friends late into the night. This Journey Back To Me" is about strengthening my relationship with me AND with God. Rev. Alexander made a statement Sunday that has stuck with me; he said " if you gotta wait a little longer that just means you have to live a little longer." Marinate on that. Turning another year older should not be dreaded; it should be embraced and I need to get back to that. 

When did things change - May 9, 2009. The day I was laid off from a job that I loved.  That was the beginning of a new chapter; a new career and a new me.  Now I need to establish a link between the new ME and the old ME.

Its on and poppin' ya'll...let's make it do what it do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment