Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012: In Retrospect

2012: In Retrospect
Year 2012 is almost at a close. This journey back to me has been AMAZING! I have experienced a few set-backs (so thankful that He is a forgiving God!) and many victories.  This year started with a bang - a wonderful fellowship with friends on Jan 1 at Che's. The food was fantastic but the conversations were off the chain. It was a good start to a great year.

God always has a plan...In February, April and May, I experienced an abnormal pap smear with possible cancerous cells, chest pains, several breast cancer screenings ...They scared me into a healthier lifestyle. God always has a plan...

I began my journey back to me on April 16th by stepping through the open door at TML Turn Me Loose Fitness. With those few steps, I started, what I hope is lifelong, a friendship with Cassandra Wycko (owner/operator of TML) and Rosalind Wilson along with a host of others...these women are my inspiration.  Each of us walked through those doors for various reasons and prayed for the same outcome - to be healthier and to drop the unwanted (inches, depression, emotions, etc). Well, we did it! We dropped the weight and a few unnecessary pieces bagage through a different kind of fellowship - exercise & dialogue.

I am proud to say that I have dropped approximately 26lbs and 30 inches since walking into that studio on April 16, 2012. #thestruggleisreal





                                (left: May 2012          right: November 2012)

To some its not much but for me, it may be small but a victory nonetheless!!!! Thanks to Cassandra, the TML staff, Ros, Wendy as well as Nina J, Che A, Kathy M, my FB fam and all those who are constantly encouraging me.

2012 Prayer of Thanks
As I look back over the last 12 months all I can say is Thank You Lord! Thank you Lord for seeing me through 2012. I pray that it is Your will that You will see me through 2013. Thank You for my family. Flaws and all - we are family! Thank You for my child. Thank You for her work ethics, her study ethics and her love which is 2nd to You. Thank You for opportunities granted and opportunities held. Thank You for allowing me to foster relationships with those from my past as well as new relationships. Lord, I pray that You will continue to allow me to shape this vessel into a living testimony of Your love, commitment, grace, and mercy. It is my hope that all who pass me by will be able to feel my faith in You and my fear of You.

I say a special prayer for all of those who work in EMS. It is truly a calling of commitment from You. I pray for their strength, health and safety - whether they are EMTs, Paramedics, Operations Staff, Mechanics or Front Office Support. God be with those who are volunteers or work for a service provider - county, city and theme park alike. All small victories come from You...the flow of blood; the next heartbeat; the next breath; the first cry of life...all come from You.

It is in Your magnificent name I pray...Amen

Watch out for new things in 2013 (including my return to an EMS agency). I stepped out of that box in 2012 - I'm gonna crush the box in 2013!!!!

Thanks for continuing to ride on this #journeyback2me....it ain't over!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment